Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Just an ordinary day

As a mother of three children, life is very busy. Sometimes I sit down at the end of the day, for what seems like the first time that day, and wonder where all of the hours went.

Take last Saturday for example. Wake-up time is around 6:00, even on the weekends. My 18-month old hasn't heard about sleeping in yet. I get my older daughter up shortly afterward. She has a game to get to by 8:00 and it's a half hour away. Next my other daughter has a game at 10:00, this one right in town. Now that those are both done, we eat a quick lunch because my older daughter now has a horseback riding lesson at 1:30, for which we need to leave by 12:30. Thankfully, I also have my husband to help with all of this. How do single parents do it?

Exhausted as I am, I don't know if I would have it any other way. All of my kids are happy, healthy, and well-adjusted (as far as I can tell).

1 comment:

  1. Happy, healthy, and well-adjusted. You can't ask for more than that.
    SAS

    ReplyDelete